There are innumerable benefits of neem oil for health and wellness and there is a reason many beauty cosmetics boast of neem based products, it is loaded with medicinal properties associated with skin care.
1. Collagen stimulation and anti-aging serum- Neem stimulates collagen production which slows down the aging process of the skin. Regular usage not just smoothens wrinkles and fine lines but also make skin look young and supple. The fatty acids and vitamin E found in neem oil are easily absorbed into the skin without leaving the skin greasy. Once absorbed, it works to rejuvenate the skin’s cells and restore elasticity. It also contains carotenoids that accelerate skin’s defense against free radicals which cause aging. The vitamin E also acts as a free radical scavenger, by hindering the oxidizing process.
2. Relieves dry skin and reduce eczema and acne- Neem oil is rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), triglycerides, vitamin E and calcium. Its EFAs and vitamin E properties helps it penetrates deep within the skin to heal the miniscule cracks brought on by severe dryness. Neem oil has been proven to be a natural remedy for eczema symptoms (dry, red, itchy skin) and be very soothing, but it will not cure the root causes for eczema. The aspirin like compound in neem oil removes acne causing bacteria from the skin. The vitamin E in neem oil helps to prevent moisture loss.
3. Tones the skin and removes blackhead- The high fatty-acid content in neem is said to prevent and treat blackheads and is non-comedogenic. Neem oil helps to restore the moisture of the skin and fights pathogens that are found below the skin surface. Using neem oil as a skin toner leaves the skin young and smooth. The leaves are excellent exfoliant used in a facial mask to pull out impurities and tighten pores.
4. Reduces hyperpigmentation- Neem oil slows down the production of melanin, the skin coloring agent, which when secreted in higher amounts leads to pigmentation. Applying neem oil beautify and rejuvenate the skin thereby reducing skin pigmentation drastically.
5. Conditions the skin- Neem oil deep moisturizes, conditions and repairs skin dryness.
6. Antifungal properties- Its antifungal properties help it to prevent and treat common fungal skin infections like nail fungus, athletes foot and ringworm. One of the active compound in neem oil, nimbidol destroy the fungi that cause skin infections.
7. Antibacterial properties- Neem oil antibacterial properties helps to prevent all kinds of skin infections and dermatitis.
And what if I tell you that neem oil is an unmatched hair-healer too? The medicinal properties of neem oil will not only help you keep the common hair problems at check, but will also ensure your hair gets the attention it deserves. Here are some benefits of neem oil for hair.
1. Promotes hair growth and removes split ends- Neem oil strengthens the roots and accelerates hair growth. Split ends could lead to stunted growth making hair frizzy and unmanageable. Neem oil helps to moisturize the hair from root to tip and gentle repair hair cuticles. Regular application of neem oil help bid an instant farewell to dreadful split ends.
2. Conditions the hair- Neem oil helps to revitalize, re-nourish and condition rough, dry hair to a silky and smooth texture. It is used to deep condition the hair to restore its youthful healthy and shiny allure.
3. Improves hair texture and promotes healthy scalp- The beauty of the hair depends on the health of the scalp. Regular application of neem oil will result in healthy scalp and hair. It leaves your hair untangled and strong, thereby taming them to the desired style. Neem oil is also considered as soothing, cooling and astringent in nature which not only reduces the chances of hair shedding starting from the root but also regulate the secretion of the scalp’s natural oil.
4. Treat head lice and dandruff- The oil also contain azadirachtin, an industrial insecticidal ingredient that is capable of disrupting the reproduction and growth of lice. Neem oil not only improves your scalp health but also maintains the PH level of the scalp. It also helps in majority of hair problems related to advancing age such as silvering and hair graying.
Depending on the level of existing hair damage, the adoption and application of neem oil for hair loss is likely to result to stronger, thicker and more luxurious growth for the hair.Neem oil benefits are magical, be it hair, skin or overall wellness. Neem oil is present in TEE NATUREL hair therapy oil, hair pudding, body butter and liquid black soap for hair. The list of benefits just doesn’t seem to end. Remember, Old is gold! No matter what the problem is neem oil will always come to the rescue. Stay healthy, stay happy.