Wednesday 20 May 2015

Lady in distress

A certain Anonymous sent us this mail. She needs our advice.
I am currently a student of University of Lagos. I have been studying History for the past three years and I have been really indifferent about this course because it wasn't what I initially wanted to study. I have been going through school like someone without ambitions. Reality is dawning on me, I don't know what the future holds for me with this course am studying. With the present situation facing Nigeria youths in the area of unemployment, where can I get a job placement? My friends introduced me to modelling in my second year, and ever since then, have never looked back, neither because of my height nor because of beauty has caused me to stand-out amongst my colleagues, but the passion and life that I put into it, as if my life depends on it, because it means for once in my confused life, am doing something worthwhile with my life and time. My challenge now is, I have not been able to combine my modelling life with school, which is snuffing the life out of my CGPA, my results ever since then, lacks pride. What should I do? Modelling is the only thing that has brought me joy from years of wallowing in regrets and anguish over my field of study. Leaving it now would be like am activating the destruction button of my life. On the other hand I would like to graduate with something worthy of my early effort in this course, if not for myself, but for my parents who are expecting so much from me back at home, siblings inclusive.
You can also share your life experiences, stories, issues, information with us by sending them to aremutemidayo90@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. Just try to balance your school and modelling together. That is the only way forward dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, just relax and face your studies for now so as to end well. You can continue with modelling thereafter if that's where your passion lies. Successful people like Bill Gates, from college drop out became cooperate sell out. It is not all about your degree certificate but what you can offer the world. You can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your education should still come first, so you don't regret your actions in the future.

    ReplyDelete