Friday 10 July 2015

A Call for Help


My name is Tunmise, a residence of Lagos. I live with my dad and three sisters after I lost mum to the cold hands of death when I was only 12years old. I made a promise to my dying mother on her sick bed to take good care of my family, because I became the mother of the house automatically. My dad made two promises to us, one, to my mother and the other to the children. He told my mum he would take good care of us, and to us, he wouldn’t remarry.
Things were going on smoothly until my dad lost his job, he became so moody and depressed that we could barely stand him. I discovered that one thing was missing in my dad’s life, companionship, he couldn’t empty his thought into another. He was feeling lonely. He resulted into drinking and started having affair with prostitutes. He started keeping late nights, drinking himself to stupor and coming home with prostitutes. My dad contracted STDs from one of his numerous prostitutes, which pushed him away from them for some time.
One Saturday evening, my dad took us out for shopping, which was rather unusual, it was the first time in a long time. We were all tired after having our dinner that my sisters could help but retire to bed immediately. I decided to take my bath before going to bed, only to come out to meet my dad pepping through a hole of the bathroom door. I noticed he was aroused and all he did was smile and head for his room. To say that I was shocked was an understatement. Still thinking on what just happened while in my room, my dad badge into my room almost naked. All I could remember was that I was just shouting Jesus. My dad raped me and promised to take good care of me and my sisters, he would send us to the best schools and give us the good things of life. He also showed me a dagger, that he would kill me with it if I should tell anyone what happened that night, not even to my sisters. My dad has been taking advantage of me at will.
I am now in the University, I don’t want what happened to me to befall my siblings that is why am seeking for your help on what to do. I don’t want my educational pursuit and that of my sisters to end.
Thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tunmise, you can persuade your dad to send your sisters to boarding school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seek a counsellor that you can confide in, because a legal should be taken against that man you called your father.

    ReplyDelete